The Team Plus™ WHEEL TURTLE ™is a set of 4 innovative sensor modules to mount in each wheel arch sending:
- 8 Temperatures across the face of each tyre
- distance to wheel for suspension movement
- tyre colour RGB values.
The MINI model features:
- Small and light profile: approx. 45 x 38 x 11mm and weighs only 12g per wheel.
- Mount inside wheel arch or above wheel arch with hole for sensor vision.
- Fixed head position.
- USB-C port for power and software updates (no internal battery).
- Plug in a USB-C power bank or USB-C to car power.
- 110 degree field of vision.
Consider the WHEEL TURTLE WT1 if you need internal battery or adjustable head angle.
These wheel data is sent via Bluetooth 4 at around 10 times per second and can be:
- Viewed live on Team Plus™ TELDASH™ phone app
- Logged and/or remote viewed using TELEDASH phone app or Team Plus™ TELELOGGER™
- Integrated to your CANbus Dash or Logger uning the Team Plus™ CANGate for Wheel Turtle.
Tyre temperature data is critical for driver improvement using the data to learn to warm tyres correctly and keeping them in the best traction window for races and qualifying. And it is critical for Engineers to help setup wheel and tyre settings, highlighting excess heat on inside or outside of tyre and peak temperatures during a session live or by recorded data.
Similar hard wired tyre temp sensors sell for more than $5,000 and are not easily usable on multiple cars.
The WHEEL TURTLES™ can also be used on your street car and your phone app to provide additional data to car enthusiasts about the condition and treatment of their road going vehicle.
OPTIONAL: We can customise these Wheel Turtles™ for:
- Different Mounting Positions and options
- battery power versions
- narrower field of view for kart or motorbike versions (normally 110 degrees for wider tyres, but 60 degree version available.
- Colour and Team Brand names.