The Team Plus™ WHEEL TURTLE™ Tyre Temperature System is a set of 4 innovative sensor modules to mount in each wheel arch sending:
- 8 Temperatures across the face of each tyre
- distance to wheel for suspension movement
- tyre colour RGB values.
Tyre temperature data is critical for driver improvement, using the data to learn to warm tyres correctly and keeping them in the best traction window for races and qualifying. The data collected by The Team Plus™ WHEEL TURTLES™ it is critical for Engineers, to help setup wheel and tyre settings, highlighting excess heat on inside or outside of tyre and peak temperatures during a session live or by recorded data.
The WHEEL TURTLE™ stream LIVE to the Team Plus™ TELDASH™ smart phone app. From the app you can:
- Read temperatures in C or F on each tyre in graphical format
- View colour coded temperatures with configurable thresholds for Blue (cold), Green (ideal), Orange (warning), and Red (over temp)
- Record peak(max) temperatures for each of the 32 temperatures, for easy review after drive.
- Watch live Thermal Image for any tyre
- View location and Motion Data
- Record your on track session data on the phone
- Live stream to friends or teammates
- Save and send recordings to another device
The WT1 model features:
- Adjustable head moving around 80 degrees to allow extra mounting position options.
- Internal battery for easy install and movement between vehicles
- Micro USB port for charging and software updates.
- Power Switch for battery management
- 59 x 46 x 20mm (head flat) or 59 x 46 x 27mm (head raised) and only 35 grams including battery.
- 110 degree field of vision.
The wheel data is sent via Bluetooth 4 at around 10 times per second and can be:
- Viewed live on Team Plus™ TELDASH™ phone app
- Logged and/or remote viewed using TELEDASH phone app or Team Plus™ TELELOGGER™
- Integrated to your CANbus Dash or Logger uning the Team Plus™ CANGate for Wheel Turtle.
Similar hard wired tyre temp sensors sell for more than $5,000 and are not easily usable on multiple cars.
The WHEEL TURTLE™ can also be used on your street car and your phone app to provide additional data to car enthusiasts about the condition and treatment of their road going vehicle.
In the Box:
- 4 Wheel Turtles
- 1 Carry Case
- 4 x USB charging cables
- 4 Standard Wheel Turtle WT1 Mount Brackets.
- Quick Start Card with QR Code to Instruction Guides.
OPTIONAL: We can customise these Wheel Turtles for:
- Different Mounting Positions and options
- Hard wired power versions removing battery
- narrower field of view for kart or motorbike versions (normally 120 degrees for wider tyres, but 60 degree version available.
- Colour and Team Brand names.