WHEEL TURTLE™ is an innovative sensor module designed to mount in a wheel arch. Each WHEEL TURTLE™ collects data on 8 Temperature points across the face of each tyre, plus distance to wheel for suspension movement and tyre colour RGB values.
WHEEL TURTLE™ can stream LIVE by Bluetooth to the Team Plus™ TELDASH™ smart phone app, RaceChrono smart phone app, OR to your CANbus race dash and data logger using Team Plus™ CANGATE for WHEEL TURTLE™.
The Wheel Turtle is all about giving you real time and logged data that can be used to really get the tyre settings and driver styles right.
So what are the top reasons to use the Wheel Turtle system?
For the driver at test days:
– driver learn best techniques for warming tyres at test days
– Understand your cornering and braking technique impact on tyre temps and therefore condition/longevity. Good for tyre management.
For car setup / engineering:
– See the impact of camber adjustments visually and in the logged data to get that ideal setting.
– Use the data from tyres and visualisations to see over or under inflation of the tyre by looking at edge heat vs centre heat on each.
For driver on race day:
– One glance colour visualisation to know if the tyres are ready for that qualifying or sprint best lap.
– On a safety car restart, monitor and know how warm the tyres are.
Get visual overheated tyre warning so you know when to back off to preserve the tyre.
– Immediately visualise the level of hotspot/flat spot damage from a lockup.
The Team Plus TELELOGGER enabled me to consolidate important driver data from OBD and provide quality 10Hz GPS and accelerometer data into one device, replacing several others and even connected my external Boost Gauge data. Valuable tool for improving my Track Day Skills. I am keen to now try the TELEHUB and WHEEL TURTLE solutions
For those who love to geek out at data I found this pretty amazing and cool. Team Plus Telemetry during WTAC installed their new Wheel Turtle IR data loggers/cameras onto my car and just happened to be on the session I did my PB. Unfortunately I didnt have the GoPro running that session and the GPS dropped out on the data loggers half way through the first lap. The loggers show the tyre surface temp across the entire tyre face. ....... The data clearly shows how the tyre pressures impact surfacce temps and also shows that at least 1-2 warm-up laps are needed for the first session. .... All in all I thought it was fantastic and for less than $1000 I think it is money very well spent. Unfortunately they only have Apple app for the time being but soon to get android out and ill be buying a set for myself. - World Time Attack Competitor
Designed for Grassroots racers, the TEAM PLUS WHEEL TURTLE® PRO tire temperature sensor has won the coveted BEST NEW PRODUCT - PERFORMANCE RACING AWARD and a global media award at the SEMA SHOW. Get your Tire Temps right.
Get the right price